Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes


Ask anyone out there who knows me well, and they can tell you without a blistering doubt, I hate cheese. I just do - I don't eat fondue, I don't put extra Parmesan on my pasta, I don't even like grilled cheese sandwiches.

However, put cheese in a cake, and I would devour it in 5 seconds, regardless of size. This, ladies and gentlemen, is proof that cake is a cure all.

Now, add cheese with one of the world's favourite dunking cookies and you've got a winner! And fortunately for us all, the Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake is so simple that you could even rope in your kids or (shudder) boyfriends/husbands to help do all the work.

Best news ever: no bits of flour or butter were harmed in the making of this concoction.



in my utter haste, I only took ONE photo of the cupcake. 
and yes they were gone in minutes.

Ingredients:
Makes 30 cupcakes
  • 450 grams of Cream Cheese, room temp (I use Philly, always good.)
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 4 eggs, room temp
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 42 Oreo cookies: 30 whole, 12 chopped and smashed roughly. Oh, yes leave the vanilla bit in.
  • Grated zest of orange or lemon, 1 tsp
  • Pinch of salt
Down with the Dirty:
  1. Preheat your oven to 275F / 140C
  2. On high speed, mix your cream cheese and sugar until the cream cheese has lightened in colour and is smooth and creamy
  3. Add in your vanilla essence, mix
  4. Add in your eggs, one at a time and mix after each one
  5. Add in your salt
  6. Add in the chopped Oreos, stir till just combined
  7. Now, comes the fun part: place one whole cookie at the bottom of each cupcake holder of your baking tray. That's your crust! No need for butter + crumbs mix.
  8. Pour your (slightly watery) cupcake mixture on top of the Oreo cookie. 
  9. Bake for 20 - 22 mins, under the mix is set
  10. Let it cool completely, and stick it into the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment