Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cobblers, Cobblers, mend my shoe.


Whenever my friends have dinner parties, they would all look at me with those watery bambi eyes and say "eh, can you do dessert?"

I don't understand why everyone is so afraid of desserts and I live for simple yet delectable recipes.

So this time, when I worked on dessert, I provided the recipe to my friends - just to show how easy and delicious desserts can be. This recipe has only 6 steps, one of which is "indulge right away with your favourite ice-cream flavour"!

Here's the recipe for Mini Raspberry and Blueberry Cobblers.




Raspberry and Blueberry Cobbler
makes about 30 mini cobblers

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Self-rising Flour (must use self-rising flour)
  • 2 cups of white sugar
  • 2 cups fresh milk
  • 125grams of butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups Fresh raspberries and blueberries
  • Pinch of white sugar (for sprinkling)

Down with the dirty:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Combine flour with sugar, and whisk in milk, butter and vanilla.

  3. Pour batter into greased muffin tins - about 1/4 of each tin.

  4. Drop in a raspberry or blueberry to fill up the rest of the tin.

  5. Bake for 45minutes or until golden brown and crispy around the edges.

  6. Indulge right away with your favourite ice-cream flavour (i chose rocky road!) and whipped cream

1 comments:

I don't think they are afraid to make, more like they are sure they can get the best by leaving it in your good hands.

Post a Comment